Waking up early has been linked to a host of benefits, including increased productivity, better mental clarity, and improved physical health. But why is this? What’s the science behind waking up early?
The answer lies in our circadian rhythm, or our body’s natural sleep cycle. Our circadian rhythm is dictated by hormones like melatonin and cortisol, which rise and fall throughout the day. Cortisol, in particular, is known as the “wake-up hormone” because it starts to rise in the morning, helping us to feel more alert.
How to Wake up Early Reddit
If you’re having trouble waking up early, there are a few things you can do to make it easier:
1) Get enough sleep: This one seems obvious, but it’s worth repeating. In order to wake up feeling rested and refreshed, you need to make sure you’re getting enough sleep. Adults should aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
2) Establish a routine: Going to bed and waking up at the same time each day helps to train your body’s natural sleep cycle.
3) Avoid caffeine before bed: Caffeine is a stimulant, which means it can make it harder to fall asleep. If you’re trying to wake up early, avoid caffeine in the evening and opt for decaf instead.
4) Get some sunlight: Sunlight helps to regulate our circadian rhythm by cueing our body when it’s time to wake up. Try opening the curtains or going for a walk outside first thing in the morning.
5) Avoid screen time before bed: The blue light emitted by screens can disrupt our natural sleep cycle. If you’re trying to wake up early, avoid using electronics in the hour before bed.
How You Can Use Your Phone to Wake Up Early
If you’re like most people, your phone is the first thing you reach for in the morning. But did you know that your phone can also be a helpful tool in your quest to wake up early?
There are a few different ways you can use your phone to help you wake up early:
1) Set an alarm: This one is pretty obvious, but it’s worth mentioning. Make sure your alarm is set for the time you want to wake up, and place it across the room so you have to get out of bed to turn it off.
2) Download a sleep tracking app: There are a number of apps available that can track your sleep cycle and help you to wake up at the most optimal time.
3) Use a light-up alarm clock: If you have trouble waking up in the morning, consider using a light-up alarm clock. These clocks emit a soft, gradual light that mimics the sunrise, making it easier to wake up naturally.
4) Place your phone away from your bed: This one may seem counterintuitive, but it can actually be helpful. When you place your phone away from your bed, you’re less likely to reach for it first thing in the morning and get sucked into a social media rabbit hole.
5) Use a wake-up call service: If you really want to make sure you wake up on time, consider using a wake-up call service. These services will call you at your desired wake-up time and make sure you’re up and about.
What is the Easiest Morning Routine
Waking up early can be tough, but there are a few things you can do to make it easier. One of the best things you can do is establish a morning routine.
1) Wake up at the same time each day: This one seems obvious, but it’s worth repeating. In order to wake up feeling rested and refreshed, you need to make sure you’re getting enough sleep. Adults should aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
2) Stretch or do some light exercise: Taking a few minutes to stretch or do a quick workout can help to wake up your body and mind.
3) Make time for breakfast: Skipping breakfast is a recipe for disaster. Not only will you be hungry later in the day, but you’ll also be more likely to make unhealthy choices.
4) Avoid screen time: The blue light emitted by screens can disrupt our natural sleep cycle. If you’re trying to wake up early, avoid using electronics in the hour before bed.