There are many ways to wrap a gift, but using paper is perhaps the most popular method. In this guide, we’ll show you how to choose the right type of paper and other materials, and then provide step-by-step instructions for wrapping a variety of different shaped gifts. By the end, you’ll be an expert at giving beautifully wrapped presents!
What Materials to Wrap Gifts With
Paper is the most common material used for wrapping gifts, but there are other options available as well. Here are a few popular choices:
Wrapping paper: This is the most traditional option and can be found in a variety of colors, patterns, and sizes.
Tissue paper: Tissue paper is thinner than wrapping paper and is often used to add a bit of extra protection for delicate items. It can also be used to create a puffy effect when wrapped around a gift.
Foil: Foil wrapping paper is shiny and comes in a few different colors. It’s often used for special occasions like birthdays and holidays.
Bags: Gift bags come in a variety of sizes and can be made from paper, fabric, or even plastic.
Boxes: A box is a great option for oddly shaped items or for gifts that are too large to wrap with paper.
How to Choose the Right Paper
When choosing wrapping paper, there are a few things to keep in mind:
The size of the paper: Make sure the paper is large enough to wrap around the gift with a bit of extra room. You don’t want it to be too tight or too loose.
The color of the paper: The color of the paper should complement the color of the gift itself. For example, if you’re wrapping a white shirt, you might want to use white paper.
The pattern of the paper: The pattern on the paper can add interest to the gift, but be sure to choose one that isn’t too busy. You don’t want the pattern to overshadow the gift itself.
How to Wrap a Blanket as a Gift
If you’re giving a blanket as a gift, the easiest way to wrap it is by using a big piece of wrapping paper. Follow these steps:
1. Fold the paper in half lengthwise so that it’s long and skinny.
2. Place the folded edge of the paper at the top of the blanket, making sure there’s enough paper to wrap around the entire blanket.
3. Begin rolling the blanket from the top down, keeping it tight as you go.
4. When you reach the end of the paper, tuck the edges under the blanket and tape them in place.
5. Flip the blanket over so that the seam is on the bottom and voila! Your gift is wrapped.
How to Wrap a Shirt as a Gift
If you’re giving a shirt as a gift, the best way to wrap it is by using tissue paper. Follow these steps:
1. Lay the shirt flat on a piece of tissue paper.
2. Fold the bottom of the tissue paper up so that it covers the shirt completely.
3. Fold the sides of the tissue paper in so that they meet in the middle.
4. Roll the shirt from the bottom up, making sure to keep it tight as you go.
5. When you reach the top of the shirt, fold the tissue paper over and tape it in place.
6. Flip the shirt over so that the seam is on the bottom and your gift is wrapped!