Looking at your bathroom, something seems to be missing, right? The plain white or grey-ish walls don’t help wake your mind up or even make the space inviting, given we bathrooms a significant number of times daily. A straightforward solution to fix this is by sprucing up the room with wallpaper.
Understandably, a DIY wallpaper project can seem like an overwhelming task, especially if you’re just looking for a quick and easy change for your bathroom. Fortunately, there is a magical option for your needs – wallpaper peel and stick! These wallpapers are ideal given the hassle-free installation process. Hence, it should’ve been added to your cart yesterday! To make it even simpler for beginners, we’ve compiled some tried-and-tested tips to help you choose the perfect wallpaper for your bathroom.
Tips for Choosing the Right Wallpaper for Your Bathroom
Before you can begin the search for bathroom wallpaper, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, consider the size of the space. If the wallpaper is too large or too small, it will not look consistent with the rest of the room. Second, consider the color palette. You don’t want to overload your bathroom with too many colors, but you also don’t want it to be too bland. Finally, take into account any special features that your bathroom may have – like a shower or a bathtub – and choose a wallpaper that will look good with those features, maybe even accentuate it.
Once you have a mental note of all these key points, follow these tips and choose the suitable wallpaper for a bathroom:
- Start by measuring the space in which you plan to use the wallpaper. This will help you determine whether the wallpaper will be too large or too small for the area.
- Once you’ve measured the space, look at color palettes. There are many different options, so it’s essential to find one that works well with your bathroom’s style and color scheme.
- Consider any special features in your bathroom – like a shower or bathtub – and choose a wallpaper that will look good with those features.
- Finally, test the wallpaper out in the space you’re planning on using it before you make a final decision.
3 Steps in Selecting Wallpaper for Your Bathroom
First, take measurements of the area you want the wallpaper to cover. You need the height and width of the wall, as well as the depth. But, if these random figures have got you perplexed, try using any downloadable wallpaper sizing guide to find an appropriate size for your bathroom.
Once you’ve chosen your wallpaper size, it’s time to select a style. Do you want something traditional or contemporary? If you’re going for a more traditional look, go with something like damask or geometrics. For a more stylish bathroom, go with abstract or graphic designs.
Finally, decide on your colors. Do you want a solid color, or do you want different pigments blended? Once you’ve decided on your shades, use our color wheel to find a complementary hue that will work best in your bathroom.
The Impact of a Suitable Wallpaper in a Bathroom
Adding a splash of color to your bathroom can be fun and easy with suitable wallpaper. Bathroom wallpapers have a rep for looking too dull or making a small space too congested with a heavy print. When in reality, it’s the styling that is to blame for this perception. With the right tools and creativity, a small bathroom can look spacious, and an already large one looks warm and inviting—all with the proper selection and implementation of peel-and-stick wallpaper. So, work with these quick tips recommended by the senior editor at the usedhouseofvintage.com, Lauren Watts, and transform your bathroom style!
1. Think about your budget. While it’s possible to find high-quality wallpaper for a budget-friendly price, combining the material with the design will make or break the final outcome. So, research competitive prices with a focus on the type of wallpaper material you’re looking for, even if it’s a tad bit higher in cost.
2. Consider what style you want. Wallpapers can be either traditional or modern, so think about what looks best in your bathroom. You can play with a tropical style with palm tree leaves spread behind the sink or a rainforest style with foliage and animal motifs making a bold statement, or keep it simple and chic with a minimal style.
3. Guage how ample the space is. If you have a small bathroom, look for thinner and more delicate wallpaper designs that won’t take up too much space. On the other hand, if your bathroom is more prominent, consider thicker and more complex designs that will fill the space and make it look more substantial.
4. Consider the mood you want to create. Wallpapers can help set the tone for any room in your home, so think about what kind of atmosphere you want to create in your bathroom. Cue: go back to the rainforest or a classical, vintage theme.
Essentially, when it comes to choosing a suitable wallpaper for your bathroom, your style and preferences take precedence, for it is you who has to use the space every day. So, go wild and play around with different designs and styles without compromising on quality or your wallet having to take a massive hit. Peel-and-stick wallpapers are designed for simple application and even more effortless removal, so you can switch up the style as often as you want (though the durability of these styles won’t demand much maintenance for years).