This is a guide on how to replace an oven light bulb. Most ovens have a light inside of them that turns on when the door is open, so you can see what’s cooking. If this light burns out, it’s pretty easy to replace it with a new one.
What You’ll Need:
- A new oven light bulb
- A Phillips head screwdriver
How to Remove Oven Light Cover
- Start by unplugging your oven from the wall outlet. You don’t want to be working with live electricity.
- Next, locate the screws that hold the light cover in place. These are usually located near the hinges of the door.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws.
- Once the screws are removed, the light cover should come right off.
- Take a look at the type of bulb that needs to be replaced. Make a note of the wattage and size. You’ll need this information when you purchase a new bulb.
How to Install a New Oven Light Bulb
- Start by unscrewing the old bulb from its socket. Be careful not to touch the glass part of the bulb with your bare hands, as this can cause it to break.
- Once the old bulb is removed, screw in the new one. Make sure it’s tight so it doesn’t come loose and fall inside the oven.
- Replace the light cover and screw it back into place.
- Plug your oven back in and open the door to test the new bulb. It should turn on automatically when the door is opened.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully replaced your oven light bulb.
How Long Does New Oven Light Bulb Last
On average, a new oven light bulb will last between six and twelve months. However, this can vary depending on how often you use your oven and the type of bulb you choose. If you notice your oven light isn’t working as well as it used to, it’s probably time to replace the bulb.
You can find replacement oven light bulbs at most hardware stores or online. Be sure to get the right size and wattage for your oven.
Can I Replace the Bulb Myself
Yes, you can replace the bulb yourself. Just follow the steps above. If you’re not comfortable working with electricity, you can hire an electrician to do it for you.
Whether you’re replacing a burnt-out bulb or upgrading to a brighter one, it’s easy to do yourself. Just be sure to unplug your oven first and get the right size and wattage for your model. With a few simple tools, you can have your oven light bulbs replaced in no time.
What Does Oven Light Cover Do, Can I Replace The Bulb Without Removing It
The oven light cover protects the bulb from heat and splatters. It also helps keep the light clean so you can see what’s cooking. If the cover is damaged, it’s a good idea to replace it.
You can replace the bulb without removing the cover, but it’s more difficult. You’ll need to unscrew the old bulb and screw in the new one without touching the glass part of the bulb. If you’re not comfortable doing this, it’s best to remove the cover.