No one wants to see a cockroach crawling around their bathroom. Cockroaches are not only unsightly, but they can also be carriers of disease. If you have a roach problem in your bathroom, there are a few things you can do to get rid of them quickly and effectively.
The Problem With Roaches and Why It’s Important to Get Rid of Them
Roaches are attracted to moisture and they love to hide in small, dark spaces. This makes bathrooms the perfect place for them to live. When roaches come into your bathroom, they can contaminate your towels, toiletry items, and even your toothbrush. In addition, cockroaches can spread diseases like Salmonella and E. coli. This is why it’s so important to get rid of them as soon as you see them.
How to Get Rid of Roaches in Bathroom
There are a few things you can do to get rid of roaches in your bathroom:
- Use roach traps. Roach traps are baited with a food that roaches like to eat. Once the roach enters the trap, it is unable to escape. This is a great way to get rid of roaches without using any harmful chemicals.
- Place roach baits around your bathroom. Roach baits are small disks or strips that contain a poison that roaches eat. The poison will kill the roach within a few hours.
- Use roach spray. Roach sprays contain chemicals that will kill roaches on contact. Be sure to read the label carefully and follow the instructions before using any type of pesticide.
- Seal up any cracks or crevices where roaches could be hiding. Roaches love to hide in small, dark spaces. By sealing up these cracks and crevices, you will make it more difficult for roaches to find a place to hide.
- Keep your bathroom clean and free of clutter. A clean bathroom is less inviting for roaches. Be sure to sweep and mop your floors regularly and keep your counters and cabinets free of food crumbs.
- Use a dehumidifier. Roaches are attracted to moisture. By using a dehumidifier, you can make your bathroom less inviting for roaches.
- Call an exterminator. If you have a severe roach problem, you may need to call an exterminator. Exterminators will use stronger pesticides that will kill roaches quickly.
Natural Solutions for Getting Rid Of Roaches
Natural solutions like diatomaceous earth, boric acid, or food-grade DE can be effective in getting rid of roaches. Pest control companies typically use these same solutions to eliminate roaches in commercial and industrial buildings, so they should work just as well in your home.
There are a few things you can do to make these solutions more effective. First, make sure to target all the areas where roaches are likely to congregate, such as under the sink, behind the fridge, and in cracks and crevices. Second, use a higher concentration of the solution than you would for other pests; roaches are notoriously resistant to chemicals. Finally, be patient; it may take a few days or weeks for the solution to work its way through the population.