If you’re lucky enough to have 45 square feet of living space, congratulations! This is a great amount of space to work with, and there are plenty of ways to make the most of it.
Few suggestions to better usage of the living space
1. Use multifunctional furniture. A coffee table that doubles as a storage ottoman, a couch that converts into a guest bed, or a dining table that folds down into a console are all great ways to save space and get more use out of your furniture.
2. Get creative with storage. Utilize every nook and cranny for storage, including under the bed, on top of cabinets, and in empty wall space. Use baskets, bins, and hooks to maximize your storage options.
3. Keep it light and airy. Opt for light-colored paint colors and furniture to help make the space feel larger. Mirrors are also a great way to reflect light and create the illusion of more space.
4. Bring in plants. Plants can help purify the air and make any space feel more inviting. Choose low-maintenance options that don’t require a lot of sunlight or water.
5. Use multipurpose decor. Decorate with items that serve more than one purpose, such as a large clock that also doubles as wall art, or a pretty tray that can be used for both serving and decoration.
6. Keep it tidy. A clean and clutter-free space will always feel more spacious than one that is cluttered. Make a habit of putting things away and keeping surfaces clear.
With these tips, you can make the most of your 45 square feet and create a cozy, functional, and stylish space.
How big is 45 square feet
45 square feet is about the size of a small bathroom, walk-in closet, or office. You can fit a twin-size bed, dresser, and nightstand in a space this size. A small couch, coffee table, and TV stand can also comfortably fit in a 45-square-foot room.
To calculate 45 feet, simply multiply the length and width of the space. For example, if your room is 15 feet long and 3 feet wide, your calculation would be 15 x 3 = 45. This will give you the total square footage of your space.
Storage solutions for small apartments
If you live in a small apartment, storage can be a challenge. Here are some creative storage solutions for small spaces:
1. Use under-bed storage to store out-of-season clothes, extra bedding, or luggage.
2. Invest in a Murphy bed or sofa bed to create extra sleeping space when needed.
3. Hang curtains in front of shelves to conceal clutter.
4. Use over-the-door hooks to store hats, coats, or towels.
5. Utilize empty wall space with floating shelves or Pegboards for organizing items like spices, cookware, or toiletries.
6. Keep frequently used items within reach by storing them on top of cabinets or high shelves.
7. Use clear plastic bins to store food, linens, or other items out of sight but within easy reach.
8. Create a “command center” with a bulletin board or whiteboard to help organize bills, mail, and other paperwork.
Making the most of your 45 square feet requires a bit of creativity, but it can be done. By utilizing multifunctional furniture, getting creative with storage, and keeping things tidy, you can turn your small space into a cozy and functional home.