Special types of establishments and rooms often vulnerable to moisture and corrosion issues, like laboratories, pressurized rooms, and operating rooms, also call for special access door quality, empowered to address their specific needs. The gasketed access panels’ design and construction are ideal for catering to the unique demands of these areas.
And through this article, you’ll discover more of the excellent benefits it brings to your structure. On top of that, you’ll learn a wide variety of gasketed panel types, which can help you choose the best fitting for your space.
Five Advantages of Installing Gasketed Access Doors
1. Completely Secure Air and Water Tightness
One of the major benefits of gasketed access door installation is that it can seal the door frames fully, ensuring that no air and water can seep through and destroy your facilities. Water penetration can lead to harmful concerns, such as moisture and corrosion.
Air, on the other hand, can adversely affect the temperature inside the building and even cause your energy expenses to rise. Thanks to this panel’s gasketed embellished door frame, you can save yourself from the repair hassle and costly reparations.
2. Built with Various Sturdy Materials
The #1 purpose of gasketed doors is to grant safe access and protect your establishment’s facilities against moisture and corrosion concerns. Hence, experts furnished this tool only with materials that can withstand the shared issues, including steel and aluminum.
Steel is a better choice if you’re looking for a rust-proof access door that provides a much longer lifespan. However, aluminum is a must-have if you need a more lightweight companion, tightly secured panel for your building systems.
3. Guarantees Safe Building Operation
Whether you like it or not, a variety of individuals will fill your laboratory, clean rooms, and other similar spaces. Thus, if not appropriately concealed, your establishment facilities are always susceptible to unauthorized access that can risk your building’s operation and the safety of your employees, patients, and visitors.
Gasketed access panels offer their anti-ligature doors free of the handle, or any component wherein accidental or intentional harm can originate. This utility is best fitting to attach in prisons, correctional facilities, and psychiatric hospitals.
4. Aesthetically Hide Fixtures
Hospitals, laboratories, and other similar structures should always keep their neat appearance to give quality service and earn the trust of their patients and clients. Leaving your ceiling or wall fixtures exposed is one thing that you should avoid, as it can be a nuisance as they stroll around.
What’s wonderful about the gasketed access panel is that it presents various finish options under its catalog. You can opt for a mill finish, DuPont high-quality white powder coat, 5-stage iron phosphate with a prime coat of White alkyd baked-on enamel, and so on. On top of that, some products also offer a paintable surface to blend seamlessly with your structure’s surroundings.
Now that you know its perks, it’s time to check out its numerous types to help you get the best for your area. Here are the different gasketed access doors you can install depending on your location’s necessities:
- Airtight and Watertight: The airtight and watertight gasketed access doors are available in prime coated and stainless steel finishes. It’s ideal for installing in laboratories, clean rooms, operating rooms, and others requiring an airtight or watertight seal. This panel type also passes stringent tests for air infiltration and water penetration, making it a reliable companion to address relevant concerns.
- Aluminum Insulated: If you aim to reduce sound and air transfer simply, the aluminum insulated gasketed panels can accompany you the best. It’s lightweight, so you can install this much better than other gasketed door products.
- Steel Insulated: The steel insulated gasketed access panels present rust-proof and sturdy capabilities. Among other gasketed utilities, it offers the most outstanding durability that can make your access door and facilities lasts for a long time.
- Anti-Ligature: The anti-ligature gasketed panels are an ideal access door to install in unique establishments that demand an extra layer of safety and protection, like prisons, mental hospitals, and correctional facilities.
- Removable: The removable type of gasketed doors contains flush gaskets in between the panel and frame. It’s a great grab, primarily if you aim to secure a flush air seal in different walls and ceilings kind.
- Water-Resistant: The water-resistant gasketed access doors and panels are perfect for attaching to electrical systems that want to prevent water penetration. This way, you can maintain the quality and performance of your building’s cables and wires.
Robust and Unique Solution for Particular Building Types
Gasketed doors are an access panel type essential for your establishment, particularly for hospitals, laboratories, or other similar structure facilities. These extraordinary building forms also need an unprecedented access door solution that can stand against moisture, corrosion, rust, and many more detrimental structural issues. This tool is an even greater catch because it showcases exclusive security designs that aim to protect the individuals inside the building.